- British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
- Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers right after graduation.
- Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment of up to US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students.
- For more details, please visit our website at: buv.edu.vn.
The Team Leader or Manager for Student Life is in charge of supervising and maintaining the excellent operations of all activities related to clubs and societies, extra-curricular classes, student-led projects, student body engagement and other student associations, and social events for the student community and the personal development programme. The job holder will ensure effective delivery of creative student programmes/events that support building an inclusive and engaging campus environment for students and the best experience and outcome relating to student leadership and skill development for students and their Personal Development Program (PDP).
They are also responsible for ensuring an excellent customer service delivery of the team to our students, parents and partners at British University Vietnam.
The role is subject to change depending on the needs of the University.
1. Manage and develop student community and student associations
- Develop and supervise the implementation of policies and procedures to maintain the optimal functioning of the Student Life team
- Manage the implementation of student orientation programmes within the campus with the aim to familiarise new students with the student life, student body and enable students of all cohorts to connect and build a strong connection.
- Manage the communications with the student body via tools including, but not limited to, email correspondences, campus notice boards, social media channels, student portal, learning management system, and student handbooks.
- Monitor the implementation of student programmes and events at the community level, including, but not limited to, volunteering activities, club and societies activities, sports events, entertainment events, receptions, student-initiated projects, competitions, welcome and orientation, etc.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of the operations of the student body engagement activities and maximise offerings and support for clubs, societies, and student associations
- Represent Student Life Team and Student body at campus/community functions where requested
- Conduct research, surveys and data analysis to improve services to students and areas of interest for students
- Monitor the event plan of clubs and societies, and student associations and ensure the overall annual plan adheres to BUV’s academic calendar and other activities
- Manages student life activities, and serves as liaison to student organisations and provides advice and consultation where relevant
- Research, design and implement best practice student leadership development programs for the University
- Develop and implement valuable partnerships and engagement strategies in alignment with the department of Student Experience and bring benefits to the student body.
2. Manage Extra-curricular programme
- Manage extra-curricular and co-curricular courses, short courses that add value to the students’ PDP
- Supervise talks and workshops delivered for the student body that add value to their leadership skills and other personal development, network and develop a source of guest speakers if necessary to support the training for student societies
- Supervise all student initiatives and activities to make sure students are supported maximumly within University’s policies and department budgets
- Directly advise and consult the projects and ideas proposed by students and, clubs & societies
- Maintain an accurate and updated database system and transcript related to student extra-curricular activities and student participation
- Work with relevant team to develop portal and systems to support operations of Student life areas
- Assist Head of Academic and Student operations in preparing periodic reports and newsletter updates for Management and the University
- Assist Head of Academic and Student operations to provide training to new team members when required
- Ensure accurate and timely updates of information, including internships and job opportunities, career activities and events, workshops…via Emails, Website, Facebook and Notice Board for all related stakeholders
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Customer-oriented with a professional demeanour
- Competitive salary package (gross)
- Recognition and Reward Programs
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Performance bonuses
- Paid Time-off (annual leave, sick leave, holidays)
- Healthcare plan (Private premium accident, medical insurance, dental insurance, free assessment to medical suite)
- Business travel insurance
- Onsite fitness and sports centre
- Education support for staff and children
- Transportation support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Various staff events throughout the year (outing, year-end party, sports activities and other events recommended by staff committee)
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: email@example.com