- British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
- Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers right after graduation.
- Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment of up to US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students.
For more details, please visit our website at: www.buv.edu.vn
- This position will provide financial and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate accounts receivable of British University Vietnam.
- Separate duties of payables/receivables accountant from General Accountant to ensure transparency & effective internal control.
1. Accounts payables:
- Checking payment request documents to ensure compliance with set out internal policies and external related regulations such as tax law, commercial law…
- Booking accounting entries to related account, profit center, project, vendor in FAST Accounting.
- Follow up payment due date and scheduling paying to vendors by and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries.
- Follow up payment progress, payables balance in relate to campus construction
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements
2. Accounts receivable (extra work assignment):
- Follow up on, assist, collect receivables and allocate receipts
- Booking cash collection into FAST accounting
- Resolve payment discrepancies
- Assist with month-end, year-end closing
- Vietnamese national
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting/ economics
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting or in a similar position
- Preferred experience in supervising account payables for construction project
- Knowledge of Vietnamese Accounting and Tax laws.
- Good English skills
- Fluent in computer skills: Ms Word, Ms Excel & PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Information management
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team member
- Customer service skills
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Result-driven individuals with a positive can-do mindset.
- “Can do” attitude.
- Competitive salary package (gross)
- Recognition and Reward Programs
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Performance bonuses
- Paid Time-off (annual leave, sick leave, holidays)
- Healthcare plan (Private premium accident, medical insurance, dental insurance, free assessment to medical suite)
- Business travel insurance
- Onsite fitness and sports centre
- Education support for staff and children
- Transportation support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Various staff events throughout the year (outing, year-end party, sports activities and other events recommended by the staff committee)
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: email@example.com