- British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
- Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers right after graduation.
- Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment of up to US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students.
For more details, please visit our website at: www.buv.edu.vn
The School of Creative Industries is looking for a full time Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Graphic Design, or a closely related subject area, to teach at all levels of undergraduate study and to contribute to the developing profile of its BA Contemporary Creative Practices (CCP) programme.
We are seeking a highly motivated and inspirational individual to join our Hanoi based team. You will contribute to the effective delivery of the CCP programme, undertaking a range of teaching and administrative responsibilities. As an experienced practitioner or educator with good interpersonal skills, you should be able to relate to students and engage them in the Graphic Design and Communication subject area.
You will have experience of contemporary design and research and must be able to communicate a broad range of subjects and theoretical areas through teaching, lectures and seminars. In addition to a broad understanding of the Graphic Design subject area, expertise or knowledge in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
- Design Processes/Design Thinking
- Typography/Information design
- Editorial Design and Publishing
- Brand and Identity
- Design for Digital Communications
- Motion/Interaction Design
Candidates with an established personal research profile, freelance experience or professional reputation for innovative practice are encouraged to apply.
- Prepare and deliver specialised teaching through practical workshops, demonstrations, lectures and seminars on the Contemporary Creative Practices Staffordshire University degree programme; set and mark assignments and practical portfolios
- Undertake academic administrative tasks, in relation to specialist teaching responsibilities and wider programme goals
- Provide specialist guidance to students and act as a personal tutor
- Participate in personal and professional development activities and contribute to the growth of the CCP and University
- Master’s degree in Graphic Design or a related subject area
- 5 years of university or postgraduate teaching experience in Graphic Design, or related areas of Communication Design, where the medium of instruction is 100% English
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage, inspire and motivate students in specialised Art and Design study
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and a proven team player
- Experience of taking responsibility in a variety of creative teaching roles, including academic and student support and pastoral guidance
- Clean police record
Please note that original Certificates and Degrees will be required on arrival in Vietnam (Degree and Teaching Certificates; CRB or other Police Checks) are required for Work Permit purposes.
Negotiable salary depending on qualifications/experience, plus allowances to cover visa/flights/accommodation/medical insurance
What we look for in BUV Faculty
We are a private university that prides itself on delivering high-value learning experiences and vibrant student life. Our commitment is to produce graduates who are 100% work-ready, aware of the global business and cultural environments, and determined to succeed in whichever career path they choose.
- We are academically rigorous.
- We encourage research and support our faculty in their research projects.
- We work collaboratively.
- We work diligently to provide the best educational experience we can.
The successful candidate should be able to work effectively, both independently and as a team member, and should be adaptable and culturally sensitive.
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org