British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers right after graduation.
Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment of up to US $80 million, meeting the educational needs of 7,000 students.
For more details, please visit our website at: www.buv.edu.vn.
- Prepare and deliver lectures/ tutorials on the University of London and Staffordshire University degree programmes; set and mark assessments
- Fulfill the role of personal tutor
- Participate in personal and professional development activities and contribute to the general learning community, as required by the University
- Provide support to other departments as required
- Undertake academic administrative tasks as required
- Master’s degree in related fields, a PhD is preferred
- 5 years university or postgraduate teaching experience in related fields having taught programmes where the medium of instruction is 100% English
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage, inspire and motivate students, whether dealing with large or small groups
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and a proven team player
- Experience of taking responsibility in a variety of roles, including academic and student support and pastoral guidance
- Clean police record
Please note that original Certificates and Degrees will be required on arrival in Vietnam (Degree and Teaching Certificates; CRB or other Police Checks) are required for Work Permit purposes.
Negotiable salary depending on qualifications/ experience, plus allowances to cover visa/ flights/ accommodation/ medical insurance
Interested candidates should send an updated CV indicating which role you are applying for, along with a short summary of recent teaching and a small sample of personal artwork to the HR Department (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
Contact Name : Human Resources Department
Method of Contact : Email or post
Address : Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
Email : email@example.com
What we look for in BUV Faculty
We are a private university that prides itself on delivering high-value learning experiences as well as a vibrant student life. Our commitment is to produce graduates who are 100% work ready, aware of the global business and cultural environments and are determined to succeed in whichever career path they choose to follow.
- We are academically rigorous.
- We encourage research and support our faculty in their research projects.
- We work collaboratively.
- We work diligently to provide the best educational experience we can.
The successful candidate should be able to work effectively, both independently and as a team member, and should be adaptable and culturally sensitive.
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org