We are inviting experienced candidates with international qualifications to apply for the Visiting Lecturer position across our four schools:
- School of Business
- School of Hospitality and Tourism
- School of Creative Industries
- School of Computing and Innovative Technology
BRITISH UNIVERSITY VIETNAM (BUV)
British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world recognised QS accreditor.
BUV has three main brand drivers:
- Offering accredited British and international higher education and training in Vietnam;
- Providing 5-star university campuses, learning spaces, and services;
- Including a compulsory personal and social growth program that prepares students for the future of life and work.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate and graduate programmes. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either employed or continuing higher education within 3 months after graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields, and 12-week internship programmes, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s world class and state of the art campus in the Ecopark township. With its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in Asia.
For more details, please visit our website at https://beta.buv.edu.vn/
At BUV, we are constantly on the lookout for hourly-rate academic staff to support us in the delivery of our programs across our university. Our opportunities vary with regard to the specific background and expertise required.
- Prepare and deliver lectures and tutorials on the undergraduate degree programmes
- Set and mark assessments
- Participate in personal and professional development activities and contribute to the general learning community, as required by the university
- Undertake academic administrative tasks, as required.
- Master’s degree in related fields, PhD preferred
- Teaching experience in related fields, having taught programmes where the medium of instruction is 100% English.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to enthuse, engage and encourage students, whether dealing with large or small groups
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and a proven team player
- Experience in working with digital technology and Learning Management Systems
- Clean police record
- Evidence of excellent teaching identified by peer review.
- Experience of living and working in Vietnam or Asia
- Experience in teaching, curriculum development, quality assurance, and enhancement in an HE environment.
- Evidence of a positive impact at a discipline or programme level beyond own teaching
- Higher education teaching qualification, recognition, accreditation, or willingness to work towards this goal.
- Highly competitive hourly rates
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Opportunity to work in a World-class and state-of-the-art campus
- Flexibility with regards to hours
- Free access to the onsite medical centre
- Onsite fitness and sport centre
- Transportation support
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND DIGNITY AT WORK POLICY
All staff are expected to understand and enact the university’s commitment to ensuring equality and diversity in all activities. This commitment is enshrined in the BUV mission statement and our core values.
Every member of staff has a responsibility to ensure colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. The university is committed to creating a work environment for all staff that is free from harassment, intimidation and any other forms of bullying at work, where everyone is treated with dignity, respect and professional courtesy.
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: email@example.com