This scholarship programme is named after The British Ambassador to Vietnam. The key value of the programme is its contribution to Vietnam’s development by providing students with access to world-class higher education opportunities right here in Vietnam. In 2023, four scholarships will be awarded to the most distinguished candidates from high schools nationwide.
This scholarship programme is applied to undergraduate courses taught entirely at BUV and awarded by Staffordshire University, covering all fees for the Pathway programme and the Undergraduate programme. The awardees are selected based on a combination of previous academic performance, relevant experience in community work, and the potential to become future leaders in the public sector, business, and academia. The scholarship also covers transportation fees in the interview round for students living outside of Hanoi and Hung Yen (if necessary).
The scholarship programme applies to the following courses, which are entirely taught at BUV:
- BSc (Hons) International Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science: Cyber Security/Cloud Technologies
- BA (Hons) Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) Events Management
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Creative Practice: Graphic Design/Illustration/Photography
- BSc (Hons) Computer Games Design and Programming
To be eligible for the scholarship, all applicants must:
(a) Be a citizen of Vietnam and reside in Vietnam at the time of application
(b) At the time of application be not more than 30 years of age
(c) Have already completed or currently studying Grade 12 with a minimum GPA of 8.0 or equivalent by the time of completion*
(d) Have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (no band below 5.5) or other English language certificates of equivalent level. Please contact the Student Recruitment Office if you do not have an English certification.
(e) Submit all scholarship application documents before the application deadline.
(f) Not hold any other scholarships
*Please contact the Student Recruitment Office if you do not study in a Vietnamese general education programme for high school.
The Scholarship Panel will select candidates based on an assessment of the following factors:
- Academic results
- Volunteer/Community work experience
- Relevance to the proposed study programme
- Potential contribution to the University and the Community
- Leadership potential
- Need for financial support
Awardees are eligible for the scholarship during their undergraduate and foundation programmes at BUV. The withdrawal of a student at any time will lead to the scholarship being terminated.
British University Vietnam will not refund any fees paid for courses that have been or are being studied by scholarship winners.
This scholarship will cover the tuition fees, resources fees, student affairs fees, and practical equipment fees of the Foundation and Undergraduate programmes, other fees are not covered. The scholarship will be deducted from the annual tuition fee of the winners and subject to change upon the winner’s academic performance. Continuation of the award is subject to the successful completion of all assessments and a minimum annual academic result achievement.
Should the applicant withdraw from the programme before satisfactory completion, they must comply with the Refund Policy established by the British University Vietnam.
If a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme of study, the University reserves the right to obtain full reimbursement of the tuition fees and any other fees and allowances that have been incurred. These must be repaid to the University within three months of withdrawal.
All scholarship information is available on the British University Vietnam website.
Applicants are also encouraged to contact the Student Recruitment Office directly for consultation via the following channels:
- Live consultation at British University Vietnam Ecopark Campus, Ecopark, Hung Yen
- Hotline: 096 662 9909 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online enquiry form
All scholarship application documents must be submitted before the application deadline, these documents include:
1. Scholarship application form
2. 02 passport-sized photographs (3×4 cm) taken within the last 6 months
3. A notarised copy of ID card (for Vietnamese students) or passport (for international students)
4. A personal statement (written in English)
5. A copy of high school diploma or equivalent qualification (if available), translated into English and notarised
6. A copy of grade 10, 11, and 12 academic transcripts or equivalent, translated into English and notarised
7. Copies of transcripts and certificates of overseas study. If the original documents are not in English, the copies need to be translated and notarised.
8. Copies of certificates, awards, and prizes achieved during high school (if available). If the original documents are not in English, the copies need to be translated.
9. A notarised copy of an accepted English qualification (IELTS/TOEFL/BUV’s Placement Test Result or equivalent)
10. Recommendation letter(s). If the original documents are not in English, the copies need to be translated.
11. Evidence of disability (if relevant) or financial support needs (if relevant).
12. Other supporting documents. If the original documents are not in English, the copies need to be translated.
13. For Contemporary Creative Practice Programme only: Portfolio of artworks in BUV’s template
14. Receipt of bursary/scholarship securing payment (2,000,000 VND)
- (Preferred) Submit directly at our Campus or by mail to: Student Recruitment Office, British University Vietnam, Ecopark, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Online submission via the online portal
- Please contact the Student Recruitment Office to get confirmation that your application has been submitted successfully. Hotline: 096 662 9909; Email: email@example.com
- Applicants who have submitted the application package via the online portal are required to submit the hard copies of all documents within 1 week from the time they received the interview round confirmation email.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to the interview round at British University Vietnam Ecopark Campus.
The University will cover transportation fees for candidates living outside of Hanoi and Hung Yen (if necessary).
The final results will be sent to candidates via email.
Still got questions? Find your answers here
The British Ambassador's Scholarship 2020 Winner
International Business Management
It’s the process of reflecting on your values: Participating in many extracurricular activities to find a field that suits you, reading a lot of books to figure out the values you pursue, listening to what beloved people evaluate about you. Above all, think about what you can contribute to the school, because when you get something, find a way to give the value in return.